How do I become a volunteer?
- Ask for a Volunteer Information Package, which includes the application, at the main floor information desk at the Library, or,
- Download the Volunteer Application form and email or drop off to the attention of Kate Schillings
- Questions? Contact Kate Schillings, Manager of Volunteer Services directly at 519-271-0220, ext. 122, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Any immediate openings will be posted here. In the meantime, applications are accepted anytime for any volunteer role. It’s good to have yours already in the mix when openings come up.
Have you been thinking about volunteering?
We invite you to share your time and talents with the Stratford Public Library in one or more of our rewarding volunteer assignments. We have assignments in a variety of areas, with a variety of time commitments. Applications are accepted anytime and held for one year pending openings, so it’s always good to get yours in the mix.
Volunteer assignments at the library include:
- library collection maintenance, including:
- book mending
- audio/video disc cleaning/resurfacing
- custodial support, including:
- sorting/distributing recyclable materials
- technology support:
- Tech Tutor Service
Programming Event support (weekly or episodic):
- Children’s Programming:
- Reading Buddies (4 eight week sessions per year)
- Summer Programs (July/August): at the library and select locations around Stratford
- Teen/tween Programming, for example:
- Sew Simple
- Teen V/R
- Adult Programming, for example:
- New Neighbours Night
- Let’s Do It Sessions
- Makerspace Programming, for example:
- Coding Club
- Full STEAM Ahead
- Open Lab
Library Outreach Services:
- Home Delivery Service:
- delivering library materials to patrons who cannot access the library in person
Orientation and training will ensure that your volunteer experience is productive, enjoyable, and rewarding. Some positions require Background Checks, the cost of which will be reimbursed to you.