If we don't have it, we will try to get it for you!
If Stratford Public Library or any other library in Perth County doesn’t own what you want, SPL staff will try to borrow it from another library.
Interlibrary Loan will obtain books, articles, audiobooks, and microfilm (see below), not owned by or missing from the Stratford Public Library and PCIN collections.
All library materials requested on interlibrary loans are subject to the availability and interlibrary loan policies of the lending libraries. Borrowers require a valid SPL library card to make an interlibrary loan request.
- Check the library catalogue first. If we do not have the item you would like, submit an Interlibrary Loan request or ask staff to assist you in processing your request
- Books and audiobooks may be requested
- DVDs, VHS tapes, music CDs, entire issues of periodicals and items published in the last 24 months may not be requested
- Physical materials will only be requested from Canadian libraries
- SPL cardholders may request up to 2 Interlibrary Loans each week
- SPL's interlibrary loan system is only available to Stratford residents. Members living outside Stratford are asked to request ILL service from their local library system
- Interlibrary loans take from 1 – 6 weeks to arrive. Archival material may take longer
- We will contact you once your item(s) have arrived or if your request cannot be filled. Interlibrary loans must be picked up within 5 days
- Requests for renewal must be made at least 5 days before the due date and are granted subject to the approval of the lending library
For more information
For more information, contact the Interlibrary Loans staff at 519-271-0220 x130 or send a message to email@example.com.