Calling high school artists and makers! Have you ever wanted to make money from your creations? Sign up for the Teen Maker Marketplace and we can help you make it happen. You'll receive community service hours for our weekly meetings and while preparing stock to sell as you learn the ins and outs of creating a small business. After your training, we will be holding a vendor craft show for you to use your new skills and make money from your hard work!
Apply to be a part of this program with the webform below by SUNDAY MARCH 10TH at 11:59pm.
Interviews will take place over the week of March Break over Zoom (March 11th - March 16th).
Successful applicants will be notified on Monday, March 18th so that you will have approximately one month to start building up stock (art, jewelry, crafts, etc.) to sell at the vendor show before the program begins on Tuesday, April 16th. You will receive a lump sum of community service hours for building up your stock of items to sell.
- Tuesday, April 16th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Branded Beginnings:
How to create and establish your brand and logo!
- Tuesday, April 23rd, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Money Matters
How to price your items to make money!
- Tuesday, April 30th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Selling Online
How to sell your items from home!
- Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Workshop
Learn to set up items in your virtual store (pricing items, taking photos, and uploading information into your site)
- Tuesday, May 14th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Vendor Mentors
How to become a vendor for in-person craft shows!
- Tuesday, May 21st, 6:30pm - 7:30pm VIRTUAL - Stocking Up and Feeding Back
Craft and chat with the other teen makers before the show!
- Saturday, May 25th, 1:00pm - 3:30pm - Teen Maker Marketplace Vendor Show!
Take all that you've learned and start making money from your creations!
Questions? Email Brooke Windsor, Teen Services Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to our partner Stratford Inclusive Markets for making this program possible!