Any educator currently working at an education facility in Perth County is eligible for an Educator Card. This includes K-12 classroom teachers in public and private schools, daycare center instructors and homeschoolers.
To apply for an educator card, simply fill out our application form and bring it to the library.
Educators are required to have a personal library card to be eligible for an Educator card.
Why get an Educator Card?
The Educator Card is designed to help make full use of the library's resources.
- Check out most items for double the standard loan period
- Renew most items 1 time (Renewal is unavailable if the item is reserved for another customer)
- Pay no late fees (Payment is required for lost or damaged items)
- Obtain occasional communications about library resources geared to educators
- Personal library card and educator card accounts are totally separate
Cards for Students
SPL is happy to provide personal library cards for your students. Library cards arm students with access to information, build literacy skills and most importantly, promotes a love of reading.
To arrange library cards for your class, contact:
Books to Go
We can gather books, DVDs and magazines that support your lessons in English or French*. Call or email and we will create a booklist or set aside a selection of material on specific topics for pickup.**
Our Public Service Librarians can also create BiblioCommons lists to support your curriculum. For example, if you need good fiction reads by First Nations authors appropriate for grade 6 students, we can build you a menu of suggestions in BiblioCommons that we can share with you.
* Number of resources may be limited
** Please provide a minimum of 3 days notice
TIP: Keep check-out receipts. They provide a ready-made list / bibliography for future use!