Gale Courses are free, instructor-led online courses that provide professional development, technological skill enhancement, and improve personal wellness. Begin your lifelong learning, for free, by taking advantage of this great opportunity.
What You Need
- A valid Stratford Public Library card
- An account at Gale Courses (created when you enroll for your first course). You will need to provide some personal information.
To Use Gale Courses on a Computer:
- A computer and an internet connection *
- Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader - available at http://www.adobe.com/ca/downloads.html
* Most courses are compatible with PC and Mac; if one is not compatible with your computer the information will be stated in the requirements tab when you view the course details.
What Courses are Available?
A variety of courses relating to accounting, finance, business and management, entrepreneurship, computer applications, web design, technology skills, personal enrichment, writing and more are offered.
Gale Courses are interactive, instructor-led online courses. Courses run for six weeks, with two new lessons released every week on Wednesday and Friday. New sessions begin every month. Note these are not credit courses.
Enrolling in a Course
- Search or browse the Gale Course Catalogue to find a course you are interested in.
- Select "Enroll Now".
- Select Start Date and select Continue Enrollment.
- New students: enter your email address in the New Student area and select Create A New Account.
- Complete the Account Information section. Note: uncheck the box if you do not want to receive information and offers by email.
- Complete the Student Information section.
- Confirm your information is correct, enter your library card number with no spaces and select Submit. Remember to access your course as soon as possible after the course start date.
- You will receive an email confirmation from ed2gosupport confirming that you have successfully created an account - check your spam/junk folder if you do not see it in your inbox.
- Returning students: enter your email address and password and then select Sign In to access your courses.