The Canadian Children's Book Centre Resources
Extensive listings of present and past winners of Canadian children's book awards plus some international children's book awards, themed book lists, guidelines on choosing children's books, reviews and more.
Book reviews, books suggestions for ages and activities, articles for parents, and more. This site is a great place to go to discover what others think about the books you are reading, read author profiles, find new releases and read helpful literacy related articles.
Help Me Find A Book!
If you are not sure what book to read next, this site can help you to find a book that is just right! Try it! From "Kids Zone.
Common Sense Media
Common Sense Media rates movies, TV shows, books, and more so parents can feel good about the entertainment choices they make for their kids. Check out these book reviews to find the perfect match!
Incredible book reviews created for kids by kids!
It's the largest social book club for kids! This site is packed with fun ways for kids to track their reading and to find great new reads.
We Love These!
Reading tips for Parents
- Read everywhere! Not just books, but signs, magnets, cereal boxes...
- Encourage your child to re-read their favourite books
- Ask your child questions about the story you've just read
- Be patient when your child is try ing to sound out words
- Pick books that are at the right level for them
- Read together! Take turns reading pages
- Be a reading role model - if your child sees you reading they will want to imitate you.