SPL Temporarily Closed as a COVID-19 Precaution
June 1, 2020 Update
SPL is happy to announce it has begun it's Stage One plans for repening. This includes a limited reopening of the library book drop, allowing for holds to be placed on physical materials, resuming inter-county library delivery service between libraries, and enabling curbside pickup. Full details on Stage One including hours of service, can be found here.
March 13, 2020
Following the decision to close public schools, and in the interest of supporting the ongoing efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 to our community and beyond, the SPL Board unanimously agreed to suspend Library services as of 6pm on Friday March 13th.
The Library will remain closed until further notice.
Key notes for patrons:
- This closure includes all physical services including physical book lending and programs.
- The book drop will not be available; SPL requests that all patrons keep the materials they currently have until the Library reopens.
- Loan periods have been extended until early May and there will be no late fees during this period.
- Online reservations of physical materials have been disabled
- Requested items on the hold shelf will not expire
- Library cards will not expire during this closure, allowing access to digital collections
- New card holders can be requested online and expired cards can be renewed by contacting the library through email.
- Limited reference and technical support is available by calling the library at 519-271-0220 x115 or through email.
- Digital collections are available for use through the Library’s website, including:
We continue to closely coordinate with the City of Stratford and Huron Perth Public Health. We will update the SPL website and social media platforms as information is available.