VOLUNTEERING……What’s in it for you?
Any immediate openings will be posted here. In the meantime, applications are accepted anytime for any volunteer role. It’s good to have yours already in the mix when openings come up.
You’re expected to volunteer……so why not make the most of it?
Did you know that volunteering…
- can be fun
- is a great way to connect with other people
- can be an easy way to start exploring some career paths that might interest you and learn some job-related skills
- looks great on a resumé
- helps you to be more aware of what’s going on in your community, and of the people in it
So, what do you think you want to get out of volunteering? Spend some time thinking about it…for example:
- do you want to work with other youth/teens? seniors? children? persons with special needs?
- could you volunteer at a place where you could “try on” a possible career
- do you want to work outside (sports, gardening, summer camps, etc.) or inside (library, community organization, art gallery, office, etc.)
If you think you’d like to do some of your volunteering at the library, check out our Volunteer Services page to:
- learn what volunteers do here
- download the application & checklist
But, wherever you are going to apply to volunteer, don’t leave it to the last minute… volunteer openings aren’t always available on demand.