Loan Period Rules
The Stratford Public Library provides a variety of material, from books to DVDs, for your use and enjoyment. Each of these materials has their own rule on how many you are allowed to borrow at one time, the period of time for which they can be borrowed, and the fee that accrues if they are returned past their due date:
|Kind of Library Item||Limit||Loan Period||Fee
per day / maximum
|Adult books||no limit||3 weeks||$.25 / $10.00|
|Children's books||no limit||3 weeks||$.25 / $5.00|
|High Demand Items*||no limit||2 weeks||$.25 / $10.00|
|Xpress Books||2 per card||1 week||$2.00 / $10.00|
|Adult Magazines||no limit||1 week||$.25 / $10.00|
|Children's Magazines||no limit||1 week||$.25 / $5.00|
|Music CDs||no limit||3 weeks||$.25 / $10.00|
|DVDs||no limit||1 week||$1.00 / $10.00|
|Books on CD / Kit||no limit||3 weeks||$.25 / $10.00|
|Xpress DVDs||2 per card||2 days||$2.00 / $10.00|
* High Demand is when there are over 5 requests per title
Checking the Status of Your Items Out
- Log into your account using your library card or username and your PIN (last 4 digits of your phone number)
- Click on My SPL then Checked Out.
- You will then see the due dates of your items.
- If something is coming due, click in the checkbox beside it and click on the the Renew button.
Our Courtesy Reminder service notifies users by email that their items are due back in three days. Please contact the library at 519-271-0220 to take advantage of this useful service. A reminder that this is a courtesy service - returning your items on time is your responsibility.